Saturday, February 27, 2010

danger

a couple of months ago i went to the grocery store to buy some things for a recipe.

now, let me make a little disclaimer before i go on....if you know me or have ever met me, that right there is a pretty crazy statement. i included the word "I" and "grocery store" and "recipe" in one sentence, but yes, it's true, i did go to the grocery store to buy some things for a recipe.

it was around christmas time, and i had spent more money than i wanted to on gifts, and frankly, i was looking for a good deal.

the guy sitting at the table inside the entry to the grocery store did not strike me as someone to avoid. he even had his walker next to him. and he looked like he was giving away free cubs shirts and stuff. so when he talked to me, i stopped and listened.

turns out he was gonna sell me an 8 week subscription to a local chicago newspaper in exchange for one of 3 possible gift card choices: $5, $10, $25.

let's just say i was hooked. and the cubs hat wasn't even part of the deal...

i walked out with my $10 gift card.....i guess i'm lucky but not that lucky.....with a grin on my face.

little did i know that i'd been had.

the chicago sun times is the absolute worst newspaper i have ever been embarrassed enough to get to my house and if i don't discontinue it asap, i am worried it'll be held against me if i ever run for office which God willing, and my mind cooperating, i will never be stupid enough to do.

be careful what you read.
be careful what you let into your trust, and house, and mind.

not everything that looks good for you actually is.

in fact most trash out in our world is offered to us at what seems to be a very low price.

but it never is.

the cost is who you are and what you can become if you don't put an end to it!

just thought i'd share.

No comments: