Sunday, February 7, 2010

return home

I made it home safely 6 hours ago. It is hard to comprehend the content of the last two weeks.
I shed my first tears on the drive out of haiti. I believe God gave our team the ability to work hard, to function at our best with some level of intellectualism in order to offer strong shoulders to our brothers and sisters in Haiti. The tears have continued to come. I am sure it will take weeks and maybe even a lifetime to totally comprehend the impact this medical trip has had on my life.

I am overwhelmed by God's hand over us as we went about doing His work. We were never hungry, never too hot nor too cold, never too dirty, never unsafe, and always aware of the privilege of being given an opportunity to offer ourselves in a sacrificial manner.

Thank you - each of you - for your prayers and support. Your support - whether in material things like medical supplies, or in thought - makes you part of our team. We couldn't have done it without you. May you continue to see fruits of this labor through our stories and updates in weeks to come.

No comments: